Founded in 1978, Vietnam Veterans of America is the only National
Vietnam Veterans Organization Congressionally chartered and exclusively
dedicated to Vietnam-era veterans and their families. VVA is organized
as a not-for-profit corporation and is tax-exempt under Section
501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue.
VVA'S FOUNDING PRINCIPLE
"Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another."
VVA's goals are to promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam veterans.
- Over 75,000 individual members
- 49 state councils
- 650 local chapters
- Aggressively advocate on issues important to veterans
- Seek full access to quality health care for veterans
- Identify the full range of disabling injuries and illnesses incurred
during military service
- Hold government agencies accountable for following laws mandating
veterans health care
- Create a positive public perception of Vietnam veterans
- Seek the fullest possible accounting of America's POW/MIAs
- Support the next generation of America's war veterans
- Serve our communities
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to join our organization, receive assistance or find out ways you can donate to assist our NW Montana Vets and their families.
Thank you for supporting our Veterans by donating funds through the links on this website. And check out our events page.
We hope to see you again and welcome home!